Re: [linux-audio-user] is RT-Preempt functional on x86-64?

From: Hans Fugal <hans@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 22:53:28 EEST

> I didn't mean to say you should not report them here, but once you've
> established it's a kernel bug then the discussion should move to LKML.

I have tried the 2.6.13-rt kernel and it boots fine but will lock up
after a few minutes. (2.6.12-rt had the same problem for me IIRC)

I haven't submitted a report because I know "it crashes sometimes" is a
fairly useless report. You sound like you know what you're doing, do you
have any advice for those of us willing to test out these kernels but
not completely familiar with kernel debugging? How do we construct a
useful bug report for Ingo?

--
 Hans Fugal                 | If more of us valued food and cheer and
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | song above hoarded gold, it would be a