[linux-audio-user] I/O scheduler for 2.6 kernel

From: Antonio <debian@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 17:06:39 EEST

Hi to the list,

I've compiled a 2.6.12 kernel in my debian system (using the debian
sources). I want to obtain the best latency possible without using the
realtime patch. I've noted that there are three i/o scheduler in the
kernel config:

  Device Drivers --->
    Block devices --->
      IO Schedulers --->
        <*> Anticipatory I/O scheduler
        <*> Deadline I/O scheduler
        <*> CFQ I/O scheduler

I've compiled them all as built-in. Which is best for low-latency audio
work? Can I change the scheduler while the system is running (I read it
somewhere)?

The file /sys/block/hda/queue/scheduler contains:

  noop [anticipatory] deadline cfq

so which scheduler am I using now? I've tried to echo cfg to that file
but it remains the same.

I appreciate any information, link or other to make light on the matter.

Thanks for any answer,

  ~ Antonio