Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Hammerfall 9636 - troubleshooting

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 00:12:18 EEST

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 21:26 +0100, Michael T D Nelson wrote:
> I bought a cheap second-hand RME Hammerfall 9636 recently, in the
> knowledge that it was untested.

first step, pull the card, look for a small chip that will say either
"W36" or "M36". find out which one it is.

i (yes, even i!) had problems with this when accidentally using a 9636
with the little-endian EPROM ("W36") on a big-endian machine (a mac).

> I've plugged the card in, and run alsaconf. I can start jack with
> qjackctl, and connect my audio applications to all of the cards inputs
> and outputs, and so on.
>
> I have a Behringer ADA8000 connected to the first lightpipe output.

how are you sharing the sample clock between the two? hdspconf is the
app to manage this ...