Re: [linux-audio-user] latency: video card contribution

From: Dmitry S. Baikov <c0ff@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 00:31:05 EEST

> I just sold mine on Ebay this morning. (At least I think it wasn't
> shared memory. Hardly remember anymore. Anyway, it's gone...)

It's not that easy to get anything to Russia :)

>> Is it possible to do 8in/8out and 64-sample buffers with RME Multiface
>> CardBus on a laptop with shared video memory?
>
> Depends on the laptop but possibly. Why so stringent about 64/2? Do
> you _really_ require sub-3mS?

Processing live inputs better be done with lowest latency.
Since 64/2 is only a part of total latency, increasing this value is
noticable. Especially when playing guitar.

> Possibly, but even shared memory probably won't kill you if you're
> just running Ardour, etc.

I hope it will not kill me for running some live processing stuff -
SooperLooper, Jack-rack, etc.