Re: [linux-audio-user] latency: video card contribution

From: Dmitry S. Baikov <c0ff@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 00:43:12 EEST

> all depends on the definition of "reasonable price".

:)
I meant light laptop. Better less magic 2.2 kg, where most of light but
powerful enough laptops are. Possibly with external CD.
And with price around $1500 in Russia.
Acer TravelMate 3002 looks good, has fast cpu, but shared video mem.
Sony VGN-S480 is cool (nv6200) but $2100. At least it exists.
The thing is, I can't afford 2 laptops - a powerful one and a light one.

> i can do 26x26, 64 frames/interrupt on my RME digiface cardbus with an
> nvidia video
> controller. HP Pavilion zd7000 "desktop replacement"

Great! Are you using nvidia binary drivers?

Dmitry.