Re: [linux-audio-user] first remix on remix.linux

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 13:12:21 EEST

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 13:34, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> i've just killed lotsa brain cells by cutting and dividing two great
> submissions to remix.linux (Turn Back the Tide by Blues LSD and ATT by
> James Shuttleworth) into some sort of remix/mashup ... thought i'd get
> the ball rolling - not sure what this is like as i've since lost all
> critical faculties - let me know what you think.

Oh you really have haven't you? Fantastic.

No remix has cracked me up quite so much since 'Der Osten ist Rot' by Holger
Czukay. No, but seriously, wait, I'll play it again and try to make some
sensible comments.

I've had both the tracks on my playlist at home for a while, it's the
devil-may-care edits that do my head in most. The high pitched synth
percussion from ATT sounds slightly like digital clipping. I also find the
slight timing discrepancies between the two tracks somewhat disturbing.

Well done. Please don't 'fix' anything. ;) More ...

--
cheers,
tim hall