Re: [linux-audio-user] first remix on remix.linux

From: Shayne O'Connor <forums@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 01:37:12 EEST

Burkhard Ritter wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 10:34:11PM +1000, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
>
>>hi all
>>
>>i've just killed lotsa brain cells by cutting and dividing two great
>>submissions to remix.linux (Turn Back the Tide by Blues LSD and ATT by
>>James Shuttleworth) into some sort of remix/mashup ... thought i'd get
>>the ball rolling - not sure what this is like as i've since lost all
>>critical faculties - let me know what you think.
>>
>>my apologies to the original artists :D
>>
>>http://remix.machinehasnoagenda.com/media/files/thegirls/9
>>
>>shayne
>>

> Hello.
>
> This remix site is a really cool idea and I like the two first remixes,
> especially the Turn Back The Tide/ATT one. For me it has a experimental
> touch, that I like very much. Hopefully I can also contribute something
> sometime...

thanx for the comments - and for sure, man, put something up there.

> On a side remark, can somebody eventually provide the lyrics for the
> Turn Back The Tide song? Being not a native speaker I have some problems
> understanding all the words, particularly in the chorus.

if you go to the "People" part of the website, there should be a email
contact for the uploader (bearmusic, i'm pretty sure) ... maybe you
could request the lyrics that way. there are a few lines that i'm not
too sure of, either.

shayne