Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 21:54:36 EEST

On 10/13/05, CHAZ WORM <ewf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
<SNIP>
> >Please enter apps in the Wine AppDB and enter test results in Wine's
> >Bugzilla. If there are enough of us entering 100's of apps then
> >they'll pay attention. Maybe not fast, but I believe they will.
> >

> >My 2 cents,
> >Mark
> >

> Bravo, bravo. I concur. My sentiments exactly. Ditto
>
> chaz

Let's work together to find a 'preferred' free platform that can serve
as a VST host. This would be a Windows app that we can load our VSTs
into. I haven't done this under Windows because I have commercial apps
that serve this purpose, but for our needs here we need a free, even
Open Source, Windows app that will host VSTs. We could then work with
the Winde developers to ensure this host works, and when the host
works we can then work to support more and more VSTs.

Does anyone know of a potential VST host that we could try to run under Wine?

My 2 cents,
Mark