Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

From: guy <sayhi2guy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 23:54:16 EEST

Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-13-10 at 11:54 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>Does anyone know of a potential VST host that we could try to run under Wine?
>(snip)

vsthost is a stand alone host for vst plug ins. There is also a stand
alone host for vsti's called savihost. Both are free but not open source.
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

As regards fst - I always understood the problem was keeping up with the
rapidly changing Wine codebase. Now Wine is about to go Beta I
understand the codebase will be more stable, if I may quote: ''the
significance will be the core architecture is complete" see:

http://www.winehq.com/?issue=293#Stabilizing%20for%20Wine%200.9%20Release

so hopefully using Wine may now be a more viable proposition.

Regards

Guy