[linux-audio-user] Re: Creative Labs X-Fi Pro?

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 13:26:32 EEST

On 10/16/05, Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 11:32:39PM -0700, October wrote:
> > Ran across this card in one of my gaming forums.
> > Looks pretty impressive, even from an audio point of
> > view...
> >
> > http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/soundblaster-x-fi/index.x?pg=1
> >
> > Anyone tried one for linux audio? Anyone read any
> > linux oriented reviews, etc. of this card?s

The top of the range of these seem insanely expensive, you could get
a real card for that money... ;-) I.e an m-audio, echo, terratech,
esi, etc I'd go an oldish second hand good brand card over that any
day. Though i do actually have a SB live now, but for $10 it was a
good deal. Sounds pretty bad compared to my griffin imic though.