[linux-audio-user] [LAM] Music made with linux

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 04:42:42 EEST

Hi, this is an ancient track. Its improvised music
with Geir Haugarvoll on drums and computer-keyboard and
myself on bass-guitar and vocals.

The special thing about this music is that it used
one of the very first programs to support jack. The
program manipulates the sound coming from the drums and
the vocals, plus that it plays some samples in weird ways
dependent on some drunk-random routines controled by
the computer-keyboard, I think.

I think its recorded in march 2002 or something, and back
then jack was so unstable that I had a script going
simultaniously to kill (SIGKILL) and start up
both the jack server and my custom made jack-client
software each 30 seconds. Jack would not survive
anylonger anyway, so it was best to kill it in
a controled fashion.

http://www.notam02.no/~kjetism/mp3/sbs_3.ogg