[linux-audio-user] Status of AMD64 in LAU world? Forced system replacement.

From: <cmetzler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 04:42:05 EEST

Hi folks,

My motherboard failed recently. I'm looking at buying a new system,
and AMD64 looks sexy; and it's been around for long enough now that
I'd naively think the software situation would be fairly stable.
Is it? I've done some googling through the archives of this list,
and early in the year people were suggesting that a fair number of
apps still had trouble in 64-bit. Is this still the case? I use
Rosegarden, Specimen, Ardour and Audacity for the most part. Are
people using these apps OK on AMD64 platforms?

-c

P.S. For that matter, any advice on specific hardware (e.g. mobos
to look at/stay away from, in your experience) would be greatly
appreciated.