[linux-audio-user] m-audio Trigger Finger: Plug'n'play :)

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 22:12:42 EEST

Hi,

JFYI:

just bought one, and it works out of the box using the snd_usb_audio
module.

If someone is interested in the device, I can recommend it.

One wee small tear: You can send sysex to the device to restore previous
settings, but there's no way to backup the device on linux because it
doesn't offer the possibility to request its memory content via sysex
nor does it offer the possibility to invoke a dump from its interface.

The german m-audio support was very kind and helpful about this matter,
and I asked them to include a backup functionality in other/future
devices. Don't know if they will do it.

Best regards

    ce