Re: [linux-audio-user] m-audio Trigger Finger: Plug'n'play :)

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 22:53:42 EEST

Hallo,
Christoph Eckert hat gesagt: // Christoph Eckert wrote:

> JFYI:
>
> just bought one, and it works out of the box using the snd_usb_audio
> module.
>
> If someone is interested in the device, I can recommend it.

Yes, it's very a nice device, I also own one (and I own the TF section
on qbik.ch, hehe. ;)

> One wee small tear: You can send sysex to the device to restore previous
> settings, but there's no way to backup the device on linux because it
> doesn't offer the possibility to request its memory content via sysex
> nor does it offer the possibility to invoke a dump from its interface.
>
> The german m-audio support was very kind and helpful about this matter,
> and I asked them to include a backup functionality in other/future
> devices. Don't know if they will do it.

It could be interesting to somehow clone the Enigma editor software to
program the device, as Enigma is also used for many other Midi
devices, that were made by Evolution and now belong to M-Audio, like
the UC33. Maybe it would be possible to get at some specifications
about this (if the name Enigma isn't to be taken by its original
meaning). I'm sure this could become a nice community project.

Ciao