[linux-audio-user] Only two controls in on usb alsa mixer device

From: Alex Polite <notmyprivateemail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 23:43:31 EEST

I connected my new SB Live External USB to my GNU/Debian Sid box and
it "just worked".

The only thing that doesn't work is the mixer. In alsamixer only get I
one control (PCM). If I start alsa with the -V a option I get two
controls (PCM and PCM Capt).

So for recording I have no means of setting which source to record from.

Beofore I supply you with more detailed diagnostics I just wanted to
ask if there are any usual suspects for this problem.

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source