Re: [linux-audio-user] RMS and peak levels: meters

From: Cesare <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 18:01:23 EET

The definition of 'normalization' in the description of the software
linked below is, IMHO, too vague. And normalization is not enough for
your purpose.

To my understanding, normalization means finding the maxpeak level of
the entire track and scale the signal to use the highest possible level
without having distortion (when there's the maximum peak).

I suggest that you *just need to trust your ears*, listening to the
first track and the adjusting the volume of the second according to your
perception. A compressor/limiter would help with the peaks.

Try this instead:

http://jamin.sourceforge.net/

or just apply a compressor before the output of your audio software of
choice.

c.
www.cesaremarilungo.com