Re: [linux-audio-user] software that can rip indices?

From: <doublehelixer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 17:24:07 EET

Yes, for hours. The problem is that many, many people
use the term "track" and "index" interchangeably when
talking about audio CD's, and this has made the search
process incredibly frustrating.

I've tried searching on "sub-index" as well (even
though that's technically not what they are called),
but I haven't been able to come up with anything.

As I understand it, indices are really just
timeline-based mappings that exist in the disk's menu
table, as opposed to tracks, which exist as actual
physical boundaries in the disk format. Maybe what
I'm looking for doesn't actually exist yet, but I
figure if anyone has solved this problem it's going to
be a linux audiophile.

Anybody have ideas on where else to look/ask??

http://farechase.yahoo.com