Re: [linux-audio-user] software that can rip indices?

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 20:11:17 EET

On Friday 04 November 2005 15:24, doublehelixer@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Yes, for hours. The problem is that many, many people
> use the term "track" and "index" interchangeably when
> talking about audio CD's, and this has made the search
> process incredibly frustrating.
>
> I've tried searching on "sub-index" as well (even
> though that's technically not what they are called),
> but I haven't been able to come up with anything.
>
> As I understand it, indices are really just
> timeline-based mappings that exist in the disk's menu
> table, as opposed to tracks, which exist as actual
> physical boundaries in the disk format. Maybe what
> I'm looking for doesn't actually exist yet, but I
> figure if anyone has solved this problem it's going to
> be a linux audiophile.
>
> Anybody have ideas on where else to look/ask??
>
> --- Garett Shulman <shulmang@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Have you tried googleing?
> >
> > http://www.cdda2wav.de/
> >
> > doublehelixer@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > >I am desperate to solve this problem. Can anyone
> >
> > help
> >
> > >me find the software I need? Please please?
> > >
> > >- Andy
> > >
> > >--- "doublehelixer@email-addr-hidden"

> > the

> > they

> > recommend

> > >__________________________________
> > >Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in
> >
> > one click.
> >
> > >http://farechase.yahoo.com

> http://farechase.yahoo.com

Hi. Have you tried the Nero cdrom that came with your writer? I had a look on
Nero's site, but although they have plenty of manuals, couldn't find anything
about features. If you or a friend have got a Windows OS, it might be worth
seeing if it is capable of doing what you want. I also see they now have a
Linux version, but you do have to pay for it. If it does work, you could
always see if it will work with wine. Incidentally. 99+ tracks. Man. They
must be really short ones. All the best. Nigel.