Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour mixer plugins

From: Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 20:46:59 EET

On 11/4/05, Marcel Karras <toka@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> 2. Can anyone of you suggest a good rock guitar plugin setting? I'm
> currently using "freeverb"+"foldover distortion" - the result is okay,
> but somehow not enough.

As someone else pointed out, the CAPS plugins are probably the best:
http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html

I think they still need to be followed by a low-pass filter (I forget
which one I used, but no resonance).

I haven't found anything too great, so I tried writing my own. It
sounds like a decent pedal to me, instead of a real amp though.