Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour mixer plugins

From: Marcel Karras <toka@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 15:05:47 EET

Hello,

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:23:47 +0000
Rob Fell <rob@email-addr-hidden-egg.org> wrote:

> Marcel Karras wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi
>
> > 2. Can anyone of you suggest a good rock guitar plugin setting? I'm
> > currently using "freeverb"+"foldover distortion" - the result is okay,
> > but somehow not enough.
>
> I use an external LADSPA host (jack-rack or AMS) loaded with a chain
> consisting of;
>
> Phaser (http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html#Phaser)
> 10 band graphic EQ (http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html#Eq)
> mono amplifier (SWH plugins)
> valve preamp simulation (http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html#PreampIII)
> 10 band graphic EQ (http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html#Eq)
> mono amplifier (SWH plugins)

Thank you for your suggestions. Can you send me your jack-rack
settings file? I've tried settings for two days now and can't get a
good speaker emulation. It all sounds quite spongy.

> I haven't yet found a satisfactory speaker-emulation so I run the
> processed signal through my guitar amp's power amp and mic it up.

Do you have a sample or something? I'm sort of over-flooded with all
the different setups that I can't get the point where to look at next.

Greetings
- Marcel Karras

Contact: toka@email-addr-hidden   karma@email-addr-hidden-chemnitz.de
http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology