[linux-audio-user] Terratec PHASE 28

From: Petar Nedyalkov <bu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 15:29:42 EET

Hello list,

I've successfully installed ALSA on my server, having two Terratec PHASE 28
cards. The problem is that from all 8 sound outs, the mixer recognises as
stereo pairs only four.

The `amixer -c 0` output is as follows:

Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 255
  Front Left: Playback 255 [100%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 255 [100%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 128
  Mono: Playback 128 [100%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Front',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Front Left: Playback 127 [100%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 127 [100%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Center',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Mono: Playback 127 [100%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'LFE',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Mono: Playback 127 [100%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Side',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Front Left: Playback 127 [100%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 127 [100%] [on]

As you can see, the mixer controls Side and Front are stereo (i.e. have two
channels), but the mixer controls Center and LFE are mono.

The same goes to my second Terratec PHASE 28 card.

Unfortunately, I had installed the same versions of ALSA and the channels were
OK. But after I reinstalled my server - the Center and LFE stereo channels
became mono.

I'm using ALSA drivers 1.0.9, ALSA utils 1.0.9 and ALSA lib 1.0.9.

Has anyone solved this problem? I need 4 stereo channels but not 2 stereo and
2 mono.

--
Cyberly yours,
Petar Nedyalkov