Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems starting JACK...

From: Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 17:58:02 EET

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 14:50 +0000, Michael T D Nelson wrote:
>>Paul Davis wrote:

>>>go to the qjackctl setup dialog and make sure that the command to start
>>>jack is "jackd" and not "jackstart". "jackstart" is purely for 2.4-
>>>kernel based systems and should not be used on a 2.6-kernel based
>>>system.
>>
>>Thanks for the prompt reply, but it's set to "jackd" already.
>
> well then something is very confused. your error messages included a
> line about not being able to write to the jackstart sync pipe.
>
> did you install jackd as a normal CCRMA package?

Yep. And it was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. I don't think
I have done anything untoward.

The only software which I compile from source is completely unrelated to
audio (things like OpenVPN, mainly for work).

I have just noticed a recent thread on this list (started by Carlos
Pino) with a very similar sounding problem.

No solution yet, though...

Thanks,
Michael