Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems starting JACK...

From: Peter Lutek <plutek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 19:04:02 EET

Michael T D Nelson wrote:

> Paul Davis wrote:

>>> Thanks for the prompt reply, but it's set to "jackd" already.
>>

>> well then something is very confused. your error messages included a
>> line about not being able to write to the jackstart sync pipe.
>>
>> did you install jackd as a normal CCRMA package?
>

> Yep. And it was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. I don't
> think I have done anything untoward.
>
> The only software which I compile from source is completely unrelated
> to audio (things like OpenVPN, mainly for work).
>
> I have just noticed a recent thread on this list (started by Carlos
> Pino) with a very similar sounding problem.

yes... i was in on that thread. i get the jackstart sync pipe error
message when starting jackd with qjackctl, however it does start fine
despite the error. when starting jackd with the same parameters, but
from the commandline, i do not get the jackstart sync pipe error
message. perhaps it's a qjackctl bug?

-p