Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems starting JACK...

From: Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 21:08:08 EET

Michael T D Nelson wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> Have you tried whether switching off standard output capture on
>> qjackctl/setup/options makes any difference on that "jackstart sync
>> pipe" issue?

My last answer may have been confused.

I have had another problem starting Jack, which I have a workaround for.
Just the last time I tried it, I believe that was stopping me.

Now, after clearing up that problem - by removing
/var/lib/jack/tmp/jack-500/default/jack-ack-fifo* files, and rebooting,
I found that jack will start as well as it always did, waith the
original settings.

However, I was fully aware of this problem, and it wasn't happening
earlier - it's a different error message (which I didn't spot this time,
because I was suppressing stdout...)

Anyway, my system is working fine, but I am not aware of anything that I
have done differently this time. I tried all of the same things before.

Thanks
Michael