Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems starting JACK...

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 21:51:00 EET

On Thursday 10 November 2005 17:05, Michael T D Nelson wrote:
> Florian Schmidt wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:17:35 +0000
> >
> > Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >>jack_create_thread: error -1 switching current thread to rt for
> >>inheritance: Unknown error 4294967295
> >>cannot start watchdog thread
> >
> > Just a guess:
> >
> > Uncheck the realtime option in qjackctl's setupdialog
>
> Thanks. Well, if I uncheck the realtime opton, JACK will now start. But
> it worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago.
>
> I don't think that it coincided with any changes which I made, but I'll
> have to check that. I think I may have upgraded my kernel at some point
> (but only to a newer CCRMA kernel).
>
> Maybe it's time to reboot into thwe older kernel and see if the problem
> goes away...
>
> > or setup either
> > - the realtime_lsm
> >
> > or
> >
> > - rtlimits
>
> Well, if this turns out to be the problem, then I'll have to learn how
> to set one of these up I guess.
>
> Thanks
> Michael

Hi Michael. Would you check out.
rpm -q rtirq
and
rpm -q rtload
These two packages should have been installed when you installed
planetccrma-core with apt-get install planetcccrma-core , and the
accompanying low latency kernel with apt-get install planetccrma-core-edge .
These two packages "rtirq" and "rtload" are responsible for realtime working
with planetccrma kernels. All the best. Nigel.