Re: [linux-audio-user] linuxsampler compilation problems

From: Carlos Pino <pinojazz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 19:19:44 EET

Pete Leigh wrote:

>On 14/11/05, Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 22:19 +0100, Carlos Pino wrote:
>>

>>> Synthesizer.cpp:54: instantiated from here
>>>../common/Resampler.h:142: error: memory input 2 is not directly addressable
>>>

>>Are you compiling for x64 by any chance? The compiler error comes from a
>>piece of inline assembly code.

Hi,thanks very much to everyone for response.I'm compiling in a Pentium IV.
I'm very newbie for that kind of things,I'm sorry don't understand
enought about it.

>Indeed, looking at Resampler.h, the code should only be reached
>if both CONFIG_ASM and ARCH_X86 are set, and presumably the
>ARCH_X86 is meant to cover the X86_64 case, since there's no
>separate #define for that (that I could see).
>
>However, I just compiled linuxsampler 0.3.3 on and for X86_64 yesterday,
>and didn't run into this problem.. maybe it's a problem with the particular
>compile platform cpu not having the required sse / mmx -type
>registers?
>
>In any case, linuxsampler's ./configure provides a --disable-asm
>option, which may work round this problem, at the cost of some
>wasted cpu-cycles.. might be worth a try for now?
>
>- Pete.

  ./configure --disable-asm solve the problem.

  Thank you very much.

 Sorry can't give more details,I'm just a musician curious about
building a system from the lower level I can understand,but at this
point I'm begining to see the darkness and felling lost. :-\

  Muchas gracias
Saludos
Cheers.
-- Carlos.