[linux-audio-user] Building MPlayer with JACK support on DeMuDi

From: David <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 01:18:38 EET

I'm trying to build MPlayer as a Debian package, following the instructions on this page => http://www.princessleia.com/MPlayer.php
It worked the first time around, but didn't have JACK support.

Now, I'm trying it again - after installing bio2jack from source plus the libbio2jack0 and libjack0.80.0-dev packages - and including " --enable-jack --with-bio2jack=/usr/local/lib/ " in the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS variable.

configure runs fine, but make fails with the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libbio2jack.so when searching for -lbio2jack
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libbio2jack.a when searching for -lbio2jack

My /usr/local/lib/libbio2jack.so points to /usr/local/lib/libbio2jack.so.0.8.0
The bio2jack package I installed from source is also version 0.8 - why then is libbio2jack "incompatible"?

P.S. I've tried the unofficial mplayer package for debian from http://marillat.free.fr/ but it failed to run (..with errors such as "Bad CPU usage" or something like that, if I recall correctly), and I forgot to check if it was compiled with JACK support or not.

--
http://hl.afraid.org/~david/