Re: [linux-audio-user] Building MPlayer with JACK support on DeMuDi

From: David <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 01:49:01 EET

Just to update,
Someone on another mailing-list pointed out that installing both the bio2jack package from source _and_ the Debian libbio2jack package could cause conflicts (..I had originally installed the _two_ packages because libbio2jack0 (..which I had installed first) didn't contain libbio2jack.a - which was required), so I removed the two packages, installed just bio2jack manually from source, and tried again.

This time, it failed with a different error:
libao2/libao2.a(ao_jack.o): In function `init':
ao_jack.c:(.text+0x2f4): undefined reference to `JACK_GetJackLatency'
libao2/libao2.a(ao_jack.o): In function `reset':
ao_jack.c:(.text+0x476): undefined reference to `JACK_GetJackLatency'

Any ideas? Do other readers have JACK support for MPlayer on DeMuDi/Debian? Suggestions for other video players with JACK support? Personally, I have no trouble just shutting jackd down while I watch video, but other users of the computer are less au-fait with these things than myself.

--
http://hl.afraid.org/