[linux-audio-user] getting around hotplug (was Re: Keyboard loss @ usb audio disconnect)

From: Ross Vandegrift <ross@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 04:02:06 EET

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:27:41PM +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> If you do not need hotplug for other devices, you could completely
> remove them from your boot process and load snd_usb_audio statically
> during boot time in one of the boot scripts. That's how I do it,
> because it also allows to pass parameters to the module.

Do you know if there's a deterministic way other than hotplug to get
the dynamic device numbers that a USB device has ben assigned? If
there were, I'd abandon hotplug completely. It's horribly
overcomplicated, but I can't figure out a way to reproduce it's
ability to know what device numbers my stuff has been assigned.

Thanks!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@email-addr-hidden