Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA issues - SOLVED

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 00:15:59 EET

Hi Mark,

> Oh gosh!! I'm sorry. I've been burned by exactly the same thing.

Hehe :) .

> Another issue about modules-update (or update-moduels) is that should
> there be a problem with the format of a single file the script stops
> but doesn't tell you. You then reboot to find things aren't right
> again, and stuff is missing from modprobe.conf.
>
> Anyway, you're not alone my friend. I've been there with exactly the
> same issue maybe a year ago. Very glad you are working now.

Thanks for the info!

I wonder if we could trigger to get this "bug" fixed.

I already wrote to Aron Griffis <agriffis gentoo org> whose name was
mentioned in the script, but I wonder if there was a central maintainer
so this behaviour could be changed to avoid other users being affected
by the same thing?

I see a lot of trouble with ALSA issues on the Gentoo user mailing list,
and this is an occasion to remove one point of failure for the future,
or am I wrong?

Best regards

    ce