Re: [linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-25: Any issues?

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 02:22:22 EET

Hi,

> I can get 11ms without issues or 5ms (sometimes even less when the
> setup is simple) with this card. But on some distros I had to disable
> my ethernet adapter. Are you sure you don't have some heavy process
> or server running?

No server or process is running, except for KDE ;-) .

It is likely that my interrupts cause problems. Thanks to the post of
"thewade" I found on my machine:

cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0: 1320101 XT-PIC timer
  1: 3169 XT-PIC i8042
  2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
  8: 2 XT-PIC rtc
 11: 1311823 XT-PIC Intel 82801CA-ICH3, Intel 82801CA-ICH3
Modem, uhci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb2,eth0, yenta, yenta, ohci1394,
nvidia
 12: 114 XT-PIC i8042
 14: 51597 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0
LOC: 0
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

It seems that interrupt 11 is a bit overcrowded, but I have no clue how
to put the USB bus to another IRQ.

> Also, I load the realtime module with the parameter any=1. I know
> this could be less stable, but its worth if you need to record your
> music without interruptions and with a low latency.

If I understood correctly, the realtime module does nothing else than
grant non-root-users access to realtime priorities. It doesn't change
any further latency settigns on your machine.

> p.s. Please guys help me with my UA-20. :-(

I'm sorry, but I really have no knowledge to help you on this issue.

Best regards

    ce

»Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen« (Helmut Schmidt)