Re: [linux-audio-user] IRQ conflicts, acpi, and linux audio

From: Pete Leigh <pete.leigh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 04:04:21 EET

On 19/11/05, thewade <pdman@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> My goals with this project are to have a faster audio machine, and hopefully to not have to
> disable acpi in order to run linux. I am not sure of the motherboard in this laptop,

You could try a look at
http://www.motherboards.org/articles/tech-planations/13_1.html
but laptop m/bs are sometimes shrouded in mystery and impossible to identify..

> The acpi problem is that the system hangs (with acpi on) when fedora tried to activate eth0.

Perhaps it would be best to focus on solving your eth0 problem, with different
kernel versions, distro support forums, and so on, in order to get acpi working?

Are you running straight fedora or ccrma? If ccrma, I've read there's a package
called rtirq which seems to have something to do with re-prioritizing interrupts
(in software) though I don't know the details. I think you'd need to be running
the planet ccrma kernel (or equivalent) for it to work..

> I would open my laptop but I doubt that there is much I can do in there. Probably not
> a whole lot of shuffling I can do in a laptop.
> -thewade

I think you're right there!

- Pete.