Re: [linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-25: Any issues?

From: Pete Leigh <pete.leigh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 21:27:37 EET

On 21/11/05, Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 18:28 +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> > OTOH I heard that ACPI should be better disabled for audio kernels, so I
> > did.

> This doesn't really apply anymore, the kernel bugs in question are
> thought to be fixed. I run with ACPI enabled now and have not had a
> problem in months.

I've been wondering about the 'acpi over smm' problems mentioned
on this list in Oct '04 for a while now - the problem doesn't seem to
get mentioned, yet I couldn't find a resolution in the list archives
(I could have missed it though).

(I mean the thread "Latency issues with laptops", at
http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2004-October/016545.html )

Does anyone know what the current state of play with this is?

Did the blacklist ever materialise, and is there any method of detecting
whether a particular laptop has the issue?

Cheers,

- Pete.