Re: [linux-audio-user] intermittent X blackout in rt kernel

From: Aaron Phillips <adphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 22:25:08 EET

> Which cpu do you have?
I have AMD X2 also, the AMD X2 3800, interesting...

> I have seen this coupled also to keyboard repeats
> being too fast because of kernel problems in keeping time (in my case
> related to using AMD X2 dual core processors).
Really? well should I turn down repeats in the BIOS or in Linux?

> The X blackouts were actually the screensaver kicking in. It is supposed to be fixed...
In which version is it supposed to be fixed. I am using the latest
and greatest 2.6.14 plus the latest RT patch (rt13). The only thing I
don't quite understand is what to do with the post-release version
increments such as 2.6.14.2.. how do you patch that?

Which kernel are you running and do you have the same problem still?

Aaron