[linux-audio-user] intermittent X blackout in rt kernel

From: Aaron Phillips <adphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 19:02:14 EET

Hello,
Has anyone experienced X going blank at random times for between 1 and
5 seconds at a pop? I started out with a demudi mm kernel (I'm
running DeMudi) and never experienced this problem. Once I ran my own
built-from-source
2.6.14-rt13 kernel, I saw this behavior consistently. It's very annoying.
Basically, while in X, the screen would go blank every so often for a
short period and then reappear. Periods between blackouts would be
between 1 second and 1 minute. I am wondering if it has something to
do with the video having too low of a priority since this is a
realtime-preempt kernel. I tried setting X to a higher prio with
chrt, but that had no effect.
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks,
Aaron