Re: [linux-audio-user] Text to MP3

From: Terrence <terrencevak-lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 12:12:08 EET

Wolfgang Woehl writes:
> Terrence <terrencevak-lau@email-addr-hidden>:
> > Which does the "voice file" and "phoneme file" refer to? Are
> > those the text and MP3 files?
>
> Terrence, there really is no way around reading up on the mbrola stuff.
> Read "mbrola -h" and the webpage. You need a "voice" so that mbrola can
> say something. See the mbrola pages for links to voices. All this is
> not related to mp3 at all.
>
> The basic dataflow is
> 1. Transform a textfile into a list of phonemes that
> 2. mbrola understands and turns into audio data which
> 3. You can then pick up and do with it whatever
>
> Wolfgang

OK, from reading what you've said, and from reading the MBROLA web page,
it seems I need an actual phoneme database file. I'm on the synthesis
page, but only see a bunch of .wav file links and a nav bar. Am I
looking in the wrong place, or looking at it wrong? Also, what is
noisecore?

Thanks,
Terrence