Re: [linux-audio-user] New music

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 23:46:28 EET

On Wed, 23 Nov, 2005 at 11:27AM -0500, Bill Allen spake thus:
> Hi. My first composition completely done with Ardour and other free
> software. I'm still not completely satisfied with the mix, but it's
> almost there. Comments welcome.
>
> http://juraview.com/Bills_Music.html

I like that!

My non-professional advice, though, is:

1. Do something better with the drums. In something so organic, they
really stand out, and not in a good way.

2. Making no comment about your vocal ability (hey, you've never heard
me sing for a reason) - the strange muffly slight phasing is weird.
Maybe try using more reverb, with longer decay. That is, go for
echoey, ethereal sounds more.

3. Do more stuff! The guitars and flute sound really good.

James

> Regards,
> Bill

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)