Re: [linux-audio-user] New music

From: Bill Allen <bwanab+lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 00:05:20 EET

james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Nov, 2005 at 11:27AM -0500, Bill Allen spake thus:
>
>>Hi. My first composition completely done with Ardour and other free
>>software. I'm still not completely satisfied with the mix, but it's
>>almost there. Comments welcome.
>>
>>http://juraview.com/Bills_Music.html
>>

>I like that!
>
>My non-professional advice, though, is:
>
>1. Do something better with the drums. In something so organic, they
>really stand out, and not in a good way.
>
>2. Making no comment about your vocal ability (hey, you've never heard
>me sing for a reason) - the strange muffly slight phasing is weird.
>Maybe try using more reverb, with longer decay. That is, go for
>echoey, ethereal sounds more.
>
>3. Do more stuff! The guitars and flute sound really good.
>
>James

Thanks for the feedback James. I wanted the drums to actually stand back
and out of the way. I'll have to reconsider. I'm not sure what would
account for the muffly phrasing on the vocals. I am using freeverb and
the L/C/R Delay to give a bit of width to the vocal. I'll have to play
with that some also.

Regards,
Bill