Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] jack_capture v0.0.1

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 21:51:35 EET

tim hall:
> On Friday 25 November 2005 19:26, Kjetil S. Matheussen was like:
> > In addition, as you say, timemachine use this (and I
> > really mean it) stupid w64 fileformat by default, and I very seldom
> > remember to use the -f flag to override that. Instead of doing all that,
> > now I can just write "jack_capture", and it starts recording immmediately.
>
> I use a custom menu entry.

Listen, jack_capture is not a competitor for timemachine. Its a
program that fills a hole that timemachine previously filled the
best. Timemachine is, as Steve Harris says, a simulation of:

"a minidisc recorder in my studio running in a mode where when you
pressed record it wrote the last 10 seconds of audio to the disk and then
caught up to realtime and kept recording."