Re: [linux-audio-user] The best distro for music creation

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 13:11:51 EET

> Besides, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty, it can be really
> fun and instructive.

It's surely not for the Linux n00b, but I think that it is *much* easier
to edit a config file instead of struggling with certain GUI setup
tools. I remember that I once tried to configure a DSL connection in
Mandrake 10, and I did fail. Finally, learn edit the config files and
you're done.

That's why I like Gentoo for not trying to invent yet another setup
tool :) .

Best regards

    ce