Re: [linux-audio-user] search: free vst plugins

From: Soenke Hahn <SoenkeHahn@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 20:40:51 EET

Florian Schmidt schrieb:

>On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 11:19:07 +0100
>FRitz <fritz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>>Esben Stien wrote:

>>>Be adviced that these are not free software plugins in the sense of
>>>freedom. They are merely proprietary gratis software.
>>>

>>What's the difference in real life?
>>

>You want to change it -> you can't with gratis
>proprietary software, but you can with free software.

In addition to that: with real free software you can be quite sure, the
program doesn't do things, you don't want it to.
...no, I'm wrong, there are lots of things going on in my system, that I
don't want to happen. But at least they were initially intended to help
me to do the things i wanna do. Hmm, maybe my english is a bit crappy...
Just consider spyware in a gratis downloadable game. You want to play
the game, the company wants information about you. Two interests, both
served by the same software. (Put like this, it sounds really great :))

Sönke