Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Sampler

From: JackLab Core Team <core@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 00:02:22 EET

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:54:29 +0200
Mehmet Okonsar <okonsar@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> What can you say about the usability of the LinuxSampler in its
> current state..
> Giga import?
> Disk streaming?
> Writing audio to file?
> GUI?
HI Mehmet

I use linuxsampler and the gui Qsampler. I have
an older library of huge gigasamples *.gig and its working nice for me.
LS supports diskstreaming as well.

QSampler is an easy and intuitive GUI for LS

I work in a lowlatency jack enviroment with rt kernel.
courios, but linuxsampler dosn't work under a buffer of 256 samples on
my system, thats 11ms audio latency. Thats ok...

Writing to disk is possible in realtime via any jack recording unit
like ardour or simple apps like qarecord.

The killerfeature is the possibility to connect 2 or more computers
with LS for a SamplerCluster.

Regards,
Michael