Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Sampler

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 06:51:42 EET

> LS is a good program. I sincerely hope the developers will remove this
> language one of these days. Until then I'm a Windows sampler user.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

I've been eyeballing a Yamaha A5000 for this very reason. What is
most irritating is that, while the gig library has seen a lot of
activity, the Akai library has been neglected. I see no reason why
those two features can't be worked on in parallel, but
IANAP(rogrammer). It's a shame, considering that, from my vantage
point at least, the Akai library is massive and would make LS a very
popular program.

Though it might be pointless to support either - seems like everything
is in Kontakt or Halion format now, so maybe that should be the format
to work on. Too many options - a moving target isn't easy to hit.

--
Josh