Re: [linux-audio-user] Music CD Data Base

From: Martin McCormick <martin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 07:05:05 EET

        My thanks to all. Cdda2wav appears to be the solution but, of
course, there is one more problem. The man page and the help output
clearly state:

-J] [-L cddbp-mode] [-H] [-g] [-l buffers] [-D cd-device]

        If I put a -L anything anywhere in that command, it is instant
failure:

# cdda2wav -D0,0,0 -J -L cddb-mode

cdda2wav: Bad Option: -L.
use 'cdda2wav -help' to get more information.

Hmm. That's what told me to do that.:-)

        Actually,I have tried -L and -L cddbpmode and several other
creative things that one does in one of these syntax quandaries, all
to no avail. Where are the examples when you really need them?

        If I don't put anything in the command with -L flags, cdda2wav
appears to work just fine so the -L parameter is what is killing it.

        I once ran it without the -J flag and it created an .inf file
containing headers for title, artist, etc but every line was blank
after its header.

        The system is connected to a working network and all other
network applications work.

        Thanks for any more ideas.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ Stillwater, OK