Re: [linux-audio-user] Automating qjackctl & xmms start-up

From: Pete Leigh <pete.leigh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 20:15:03 EET

On 11/12/05, Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> At the moment, I've written a simple bash script which starts qjackctl,
> xmms and konqueror pointing at the folder with my music in.

> This works fine, but the user still has to click 'Start' on qjackctl.
> Can I automate this somehow?

> I know that I can start jack straight from the script, but sometimes I
> like having the GUI.

If jackd is already running when qjackctl starts, there's no need to
press qjackctl's start button (qjackctl will notice jackd is running
and behave accordingly..)

Alternatively, there's a "start JACK audio server on application
startup" option in qjackctl's options dialog, under the "misc" tab.
Haven't tried that personally, but don't see why it shouldn't work...

- Pete