[linux-audio-user] Automating qjackctl & xmms start-up

From: Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 19:50:40 EET

Hi all,

I have a quick question...

I'd like to automate the start-up of all the programs which are needed
to play my collection of music. The aim is to make it easier for other
users of my machine (who aren't so familiar with Linux).

At the moment, I've written a simple bash script which starts qjackctl,
xmms and konqueror pointing at the folder with my music in.

This works fine, but the user still has to click 'Start' on qjackctl.
Can I automate this somehow?

I know that I can start jack straight from the script, but sometimes I
like having the GUI.

Thanks
Michael