Re: [linux-audio-user] Automating qjackctl & xmms start-up

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 11:10:54 EET

>> It has always worked perfectly for me. I have that box and the
>> "Enable system tray icon" box checked (and qjackctl saved in my KDE
>> session), so when I start KDE I have a small plug icon sitting in the
>> system tray from which I can get to the connection window, and jackd
>> is started and ready to go.
>
> same for me. Added qjackctl to the KDE autostart folder (I personally
> dislike seesion management) and it works very well this way (except the
> USB audio card isn't available ;-) .

There's yet another option: start your jack-enabled application as a
qjackctl command line argument, `qjackctl <your-app>`. This way, qjackctl
will show up and start jackd automagically before launching <your-app> in
turn. If jackd is found already running, it will just launch <your-app>
and exit graciously.

AFAICT this feature has been in effect as far the planetccrma desktop
menus goes on all jack applications, after some kind request from
Fernando's.

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela