Re: [linux-audio-user] Automating qjackctl & xmms start-up

From: Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 12:57:41 EET

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> There's yet another option: start your jack-enabled application as a
> qjackctl command line argument, `qjackctl <your-app>`. This way, qjackctl
> will show up and start jackd automagically before launching <your-app> in
> turn. If jackd is found already running, it will just launch <your-app>
> and exit graciously.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I'm very grateful to everyone who has contributed - this software makes
my computer more useful than it was, and I find more things which I can
do every day.

Anyway, about Amarok - I was intending to give it a go some time soon.
I've been putting that off until I've finished putting my Athlon machine
back together with a faster CPU, more RAM and all of my media files.

This other machine is a P3 700, which I am using as a multi-purpose
machine until then, so it can be a little heavily loaded.

Also, she's used to Winamp in Windows - so XMMS seems a logical step for
now...

Thanks again,
Michael Nelson