Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: The best distro for music creation

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 20:29:10 EET

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 18:01, Lee Revell was like:
> Really this is all a depressing reminder that as far as Linux has come
> over the years people are STILL buying hardware to run Windows on it.
> They would rather have a 5% better framerate in some game than support
> free software.  Is the highest purpose of Linux really just to run
> proprietary games and VST plugins using Wine?  If so then I'm wasting my
> time.

Fortunately there are many of us running 100%/99% Free systems and we're
extremely grateful for the work that you do. No, it isn't wasted. ;)

I think people understandably get very excited about the possibilities
provided by crossover projects and it can be nice to have something to
counter "I bet your Linux box can't do That" with. Personally I might think
about getting excited when manufacturers start bringing out native linux
games. I'm sure the highest purpose of Linux is something to do with the fact
that we don't have to tied down to such a limited perspective.

--
cheers,
tim hall