Re: [linux-audio-user] U.S. Copyright: was FOLKS, PAY......

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 21:25:34 EET

On Tue December 20 2005 13:12, R Parker wrote:
> I want to publish with a free service on the internet
> that establishes an equivalent to the poor man's
> registration. Is this happening yet?

I don't know how effective a tool it would be in court, but
speaking for myself, web.archive.org has a record of my music
page (with a list of "songs", i.e., incomplete snippets of
songs, that I'd published, i.e., made available for download)
going back to 2001.

The page actually went up in 1996, and existed as a handful of
mp3's and MIDI files prior to that, but apparently archive.org
didn't find my site till 2001. I think you can force
web.archive.org to fetch a page (and then keep track of changes)
by searching for it, though.

Of course, web.archive.org doesn't archive the MIDI or mp3 files
as far as I know, but at least it's a record that you published
them.

Rob